MUSIC FOR THE SOUL (under construction while Charles learns more about HTML)

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Tennis Intramurals


So, it's time to dust off the ol' tennis racquet and whoop some trash. It's mixed doubles and my partner is supposedly amazing tennis player. I've never seen her play, but she can't be bad since she just won the 1st place in the women's singles Division 1 intramurals. She's a girl in my ward who I just went on a date with this weekend to the Utah Symphony. We went to Benihanas for dinner which is pretty amazing. It was a FABULOUS concert. I can't believe that there were actually a few empty seats in the crowd. You dont' get to hear Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto in D very often and they played Mendelssohn's Fifth which is one of my favorites (especially mvnts 1 & 4) . Definitely a magical evening. And actually the thing I liked the most was that this girl (Heather is her name), likes to think and express herself. Her conversation was full of ambition, goals, values, and she wasn't afraid to talk about the gospel as though it was a part of her everyday life. Holy Cow. I'm trying really hard not to get too twitterpated in case her fun personality and gorgeous smile was denoting nothing more than that she wasn't miserable. Hopefully I'll post again once we're tennis intramural champions together. Pray for me.

1 comment:

Mustang Suzie said...

Charles, you are SO funny! Glad you had a good time and hope things work well for you! Sounds like a really great date idea.
Suzanne Taylor