MUSIC FOR THE SOUL (under construction while Charles learns more about HTML)

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Cogent Comments

Here's my life's update:
1. My grandmother is making me read a book about Dealing with Differences in Marriage by Brent Barlow. Why? Because I'm having marital distress. Ha! No, rather, she just wants all of her grandchildren, married or unmarried, to know that differences in marriage are inevitable and even desireable to some degree if managed and understood properly. I'll be a marriage genius/counselor before I'm married myself.


2. I'm done with my capstone project at Pac States! As neat as that is, I now must do an internship. The capstone project was fascinating and I hope the internship is half as cool. Nothing like developing equations for determining molten iron temperature.


3. I'm studying for the GRE. I haven't taken a practice test, but some of the sample questions they give are EASY. I hope the test is like the sample questions. Why am I studying for the GRE. Reason 1: I'm a MAD masochist. Reason 2: I'm considering grad school at the Y. Yes, a masters in manufacturing technology and an MBA is a dynamite combo. I'll be the most marketable thing since canned ham.

and lastly...

4. I don't understand why Doug Call isn't a bishop yet. I thought they typically struggled for young, energetic, spiritual giants outside of the Happy Valley Bubble.

4 comments:

Mustang Suzie said...

I can vouch for Brent Barlow as he is in our ward. Sounds like your Grandmother is right on also :-D
Could you be a bit too picky?

I'm impressed with your academic goals. Good luck with everything and let me know if you ever have time to paint a fence!
Mom Taylor :-D

BJ said...

I Doug would look good in that suit! As far as the differences thing goes... well we talked about that tonight over strawberry shortcake. I'm glad you enjoyed the book. And good luck in your internship. It's a great learning experience, whether or not it feels like it.

rochelle said...

I think grad school is a fantastic idea. Very important. And yes, you will be quite marketable.

Jimboborazzala said...

Our current Bishop is moving out of our ward. I've been parading around in the Bishop costume (as seen in your picture) blessing people and speaking in Latin trying to impress the Stake Presidency. I sure hope it works.