MUSIC FOR THE SOUL (under construction while Charles learns more about HTML)

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Phun with Phlebotomy


I gave blood for the first time this week. It was a blast, or should a say, a squirt. I saw about 5 others from the 6th ward while I was there and a couple others were firsttimers as well. It took me 8:11. I think they all beat me. I was the one that wanted the race and everyone killed me. I told my phlebotomist about the race afterwards and she said she used a smaller vein at a funny angle on purpose. I yelled at her and told her next time we engage in venepuncture, I wanted her to stab right into the inferior vena cava. If I'm going to be egging people on, I need to give them a competition.

2 comments:

BJ said...

HA! Good for her!

rochelle said...

I am, or should be, appalled. But I guess I'm not surprised.