MUSIC FOR THE SOUL (under construction while Charles learns more about HTML)

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

UCLA Bludgeoning

















So, this game was interesting. I'm usually not terribly interested in utter beatdowns, but when it's a team like UCLA, I love every single stinking second of it. I think the thing that fascinated me the most was that the guy that gave the prayer asked that both teams would play to their level of preparation. I'm sure he meant it, too. So, why did we beat them 59-0? I don't know. The prayer would suggest that UCLA has never actually held a practice this season. And since I'm pretty sure that's not the case, it could also mean that BYU was just THAT much more prepared than UCLA. Was that the case? Well, perhaps it meant that this man's prayer was simply not answered the way he wanted it to be for any number of reasons. Whatever the reason, it was glorious. I also got to take a friend, Julie O'Neal, who is a new girl in the ward and she seems like quite a quality person. It was a good opportunity to get to know her better and I hope that she didn't think I was a complete freak by the end of the game. I tried hard to help her understand everything that was going on so she wouldn't be bored to tears. I think we figured out that the ROTC did around 307 pushups or something like that. And another highlight was finding a water spout by one of the vendors hanging from the ceiling so I didn't have to stand in those insufferably long lines at the drinking fountains.

No comments: