MUSIC FOR THE SOUL (under construction while Charles learns more about HTML)

Monday, July 23, 2007

7 New Wonders of the World

I've always wondered exactly what my opinion on traveling is as a hobby. Would I like traveling? I would probably like the destinations quite a bit, but I probably wouldn't care much for the actual transport. Would I feel like it was justifiable? It's an expensive hobby and how many people could I be feeding for all that money? But I could ask myself that question every time I do just about ANYTHING in this society and spending money does stimulate the economy. Luckily, I've never had to worry about that sort of thing because I'm not wealthy enough for it to be an option. But what about when I'm a decamillionaire? So, while I ponder these imponderables, you just enjoy the 7 new wonders of the world. If I did decide in favor of an occasional trip, these destinations would probably rank highly.

Ancient Colosseum in Rome Italy

The Christ the Redeemer Statue in Rio de Janiero Brazil

Great Wall of China near western most point at Jiayuguan in China's northwest Gansu province

The Khazneh or treasury in Petra Jordan

The Mayan Ruins of Chichen Itza in southern Mexico

The ruins of Peru's famed Machu Picchu

The Taj Mahal in Agra India

4 comments:

BJ said...

As I was glancing at the photos of the seven wonders of the world, I couldn't help but to notice that Romney's photo landed in the eighth place. You may say that was a coincidence, but I think your opinion of him has grown to unreasonable proportions! ;-) Here are my thoughts on traveling. Travel is good, but if you can, fill it with service. The wonders of the world will be impressive, but the response you get from the locals as you serve them will be unforgettable. And yes, traveling does stimulate the local economy too. There is really much to be seen and done in the world. And I don't think anybody would mind if a deca-millionaire came by to set up a new school, or to give them a clean source of water. And if you are really generous, you just might help the to get their cows to stop burping! ;-)

Mustang Suzie said...

I love to travel--never took a trip that I didn't enjoy! It would be fun to see all the seven wonders but I doubt I'll be able to. I love meeting new people in new places. Well, I better go--going on another trip in the morning (6:30am) to North Carolina--see ya!

Anonymous said...

my thoughts on what you should do when you become a decamillionaire: make LARGE donations to a new charity that I will be establishing called the "Everyone Wants the Anglo-Saxonist to Thrive by Paying Off Student Debts" charity. In this way, you can stimulate the economy by assisting in diminishing the national deficit by helping me give the government its money back. No, that's not grammatically correct, but I don't care. As for travelling, DO IT! There are some amazing things in the world. You just have to know where to look. And it doesn't necessarily cost that much...

Jimboborazzala said...

You totally mislabeled the one you claim is in Jordan. Everyone knows that this is the tomb of the last of the three brothers who swore to defend the Grail and that it is in the Canyon of the Crescent Moon south of Alexandretta (or the modern city of Iskanderun).