MUSIC FOR THE SOUL (under construction while Charles learns more about HTML)

Saturday, August 4, 2007

I Hate Swimming

But one thing I would LOVE to try is SCUBA diving. I mean, who wouldn't want to be greeted in the morning by the likes of this guy.

When I roomed with Doug and BJ, I was frequently greeted in such manner, except the eel has a little more color in his face. Now that I've insulted half of my readership, I think I'll end by extending the offer. If anyone want to go scuba diving (is feeling rich), let me know. I have a friend who can certify me, and we'll go shark hunting. Isn't the underwater world fascinating? It's so unknown. To me, the whole oceanic life scene is just another witness to my testimony of the gospel. The End.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are... definitely unique. How do you know Beej and Doug don't think you looked like that in the morning? As for scuba diving, please let me know how it goes. The underwater world fascinates me, but only from the outside. I'm scared of deep water and I certainly would prefer to see sharks from the boat, not from next door. But I shall watch with interest to see who the next Shark Bait Oo haha is.

Jimboborazzala said...

If the eel was holding an ice pick menacingly saying "You're a dead man, Martin", then I would agree it was an accurate depiction of Nelson mornings

BJ said...

I think Charles, that you were lucky to survive that experience. Your cheerful manner in the morning brought out the very worst of me in the mornings (not that I needed much help in that area... I'm already not a "happy camper" in the morning). But truth be told, I enjoyed those days of taking that smile off your face in the morning. It improved my mood to push you around a little in the morning. ;-)

Annegirl said...

I think that guy looks like a marine muppet. That's all.

Unknown said...

Maybe I'm just blocking out memories of those particular Nelson mornings-- I certainly remember no ice picks pointed at Charles. Or maybe I wasn't there at the right time of morning. Glad I found your weblog again, Charles. Oh wow-- weblog is flagged as a spelling error.

rochelle said...

Charles. This picture is WHY I am afraid of swimming outside. I know those things are just waiting to bite my toes off. Thanks for reminding me. :P