MUSIC FOR THE SOUL (under construction while Charles learns more about HTML)

Sunday, May 20, 2007

I Got an Internship!!!!!!

This post goes out to Sister Taylor who is by far one of the coolest people in the world. She asked about my internship and I GOT ONE! In fact, I got two offers. And I had a really hard time turning one down since they didn't ask for an intern. I simply sent an email to Traco Packaging in Orem asking them for a position if they had one. They created one just for me after interviewing me and they never had an intern before. Unfortunately, I had already accepted one with Pacific States Cast Iron Pipe Company with whom I'm already doing my capstone project. I'll be working at PSCIPCO all summer. So I sent Traco an email asking if I could do one with them as well, but wait until the Fall Semester. We'll see what they have to say. I figure that will boost my resume even a little more if I have two internships. So I'll let you know how that goes once I get a response. I hope they don't respond saying, "We hate you and have sent hitmen out to teach you a lesson you'll never forget."

Also, Sister Taylor asked how my love life is doing. This is something I should post occasionally. I went on a blind date yesterday. I took her to the Thanksgiving Point Gardens since I'd never been and wanted to go. They are quite amazing. I'm sure they're even more amazing at other times of the year. Right now they are between blooms, but it was still GORGEOUS. I'd like to rent Segways the next time. They look like fun. The memorable part was at the end when my date broke a tester bottle of perfume. Holy Cow. The sound was loud enough to wake the dead and it's now the best smelling gift shop in the world. I guess you could say my dating life is picking up. I had been in a drought for a couple of months, but now I'm back to quite a list of girls I'm working on dating. I even got asked out by a girl in the ward. We're seeing Pirates Saturday morning. I hope it's better than the second one.

The Jazz lost today. I don't watch basketball on Sundays and when they lose I'm especially grateful I don't watch. I might not even cry myself to sleep tonight over it.

3 comments:

Charles said...

Do you have a blog Sister Taylor?

BJ said...

When I went to the gardens, it was during the tulip festival and there were people everywhere. They were having free demos of the segway, and I wanted to try, but the wait was too long, and I didn't want to keep everyone waiting on me (nobody else was brave enough). But congrats on your internship, and good luck with it! I hope the best for you. And good luck with that list of girls to date. May the list grow long, and the dates be plentiful until you find one to date permanently! ;-) You're on the right track Charles. Keep it up.
Your friendly neighborhood pain,
BJ

Mustang Suzie said...

Hey Charles, thanks for the update! Yes, I have a blog on Yahoo. I sent you an invitation so you can join my blog. Our family news and other odds and ends can be found there. It will be fun to have you there!