MUSIC FOR THE SOUL (under construction while Charles learns more about HTML)

Saturday, March 31, 2007

This One Goes Out to All You Ladies Out There

For all you lovely ladies who didn't go to the Priesthood Session of General Conference, to you I say, "You missed out!" Sure, you'll be able to read all the talks when they come out. And at least three of them were repeats of past talks. But the part you'll perhaps never witness was the closing number by the BYU choir. I can literally say I've never heard a more beautiful song in my life. I've heard a few that were perhaps as beautiful, but that was shear exhileration. It was Sibelius' tune Be Still My Soul. A few times they all hit the same note so well that it sounded like one singer. It was a capella. I was blown away. You could tell that everyone who stuck around for the closing hymn (a lot of doughheads leave after President Hinckley closes) was so amazed that you could hear a pin drop on the carpet. I pray they'll do that number again before I die. Maybe at my funeral.

Other news. I might be done with school in December. Yea. Now I can be a miserable contributing member of society. I make an end of mine epistle.

6 comments:

Jimboborazzala said...

How are you going to be done with school in December? Is it 2010 already?

Charles said...

Ha Ha. That's when I'd like to be done with my graduate degree. But I don't think I'll be that lucky. I'll probably wear the robes of the apostate priesthood here in August. The perplexing thing about it is that my academic advisor never checked off the "Happily Married" box required for graduation.

Jimboborazzala said...

Are you going to grad school?

Charles said...

I don't know. Usually people in my major get a job or two for a little while trying to figure out their passion or niche. Then, they go back to school and get another degree, typically while working. That's why it'll be 2222 when I graduate. I plan on living that long if I get this internship I applied for today with a medical company called ZARS. You have to trust a medical company with a name you might associate with an Elbonian immigrant.

Charles said...

Oh yeah, how do you get your neat little picture to show in the corner? Is it an option hidden in some creVAS of the options?

Jimboborazzala said...

If you choose a picture for your profile, it comes up on all your comments