MUSIC FOR THE SOUL (under construction while Charles learns more about HTML)

Sunday, August 17, 2008

New Clergymen

Well, when you google Glen Mella, you get a picture like this of our new bishop. The changing of the guards is usually a bittersweet experience. If it's not, something is seriously wrong.

Just a day or two past his calling as our new High Councilman, I realized that this man was going to be our next bishop. I teased him about it the next Sunday and the poor guy had to play stupid for a really long time.

A tribute to our last bishopric: I've never had a better bishopric than Bishop Hunsaker, Brother Miner, and Brother Bowman. I learned a LOT during their reign. I used to think it would be hard to be a bishop, and as I thought that, I thought it would be hard in a very negative way. Granted, it is hard, but it was easy to see how these men had the types of attitudes and other godly attributes that would make it a fun hard, an exciting hard, a playful hard, and those types of hard made up for the downright ugly spiritually hard times. I love those three men and hope to keep in touch with them my whole life.

Now, armed with counselors Clark Warnick and Brad Adamson, Bishop Mella will lead the 6th Ward on to new and more exciting heights than ever before!! Whheeeeeeeeee!

No comments: